ANSWER: Yes, we are bringing back the photos. See the schedule.
QUESTION: How long is this ride?
ANSWER: This Pigtails Ride is about 48 miles. It is an out and back ride utilizing the trails.
QUESTION: Can men register?
ANSWER: Anyone can register for the Pigtails Ride but the ride is geared towards women. In previous years, this ride has been 99% women. Both the jerseys are women’s fit only.
QUESTION: Can I register without the jersey?
ANSWER: No, the jersey is included with the ride registration. It is part of our model for this ride and doing otherwise changes how we run the ride.
QUESTION: Will you ship my jersey?
ANSWER: Not in advance of the ride. If you don’t pick up your jersey, we will ship it to you.
QUESTION: Where can I park while I am on the ride?
ANSWER: We have parking available at the DMACC Campus. Please park in Lot J & L and leave Prairie Trail parking spots open for customers coming to area businesses. There will be no long-term parking in the Prairie Trail. To get to the DMACC lots, drive past Jethro’s until you get to the Prairie Trail Parkway. Take a left at Campustown Court and follow to lots J or L. Please do not park in any of the business parking lots while you are riding. https://dmacc.edu/ankeny/maps/Pages/ankenyparkinglot.aspx
QUESTION: How do the jerseys fit?
ANSWER: The Gemini tank runs small and the long sleeve jersey runs true to size.
QUESTION: How large do the jerseys go?
ANSWER: The Gemini tank is available in sizes S – 5XL. The long sleeve jersey is available in sizes S – 3XL.
QUESTION: Vegetarian options?
ANSWER: There will be vegetarian options.
QUESTION: What if I can’t finish the ride?
ANSWER: Make sure you have someone to pick you up! We will be providing limited SAG at the trail stops in Madrid, Slater, and the Oasis. Keep in mind vehicles can not drive on the trail so you will need to get to a cross street and wait for your ride.
QUESTION: When will I get the team store items?
ANSWER: If you ordered team store items, those will be shipped directly to you in late May.
QUESTION: What are the COVID recommendations?
ANSWER: We follow the CDC and IDPH Recommendations listed below:
1. Vendors are encouraged to follow CDC guidance related to Cleaning and Disinfection for Community Facilities, including frequent cleaning and disinfecting of all high-touch surfaces.
2. The ride encourages and provides supplies to allow for frequent hand washing and hand sanitizing for employees and the public.
3. The ride reminds employees and members of the public to stay at least 6 feet away from others.
4. Please do not attend if you currently have symptoms or have been around anyone with a confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis in the last 14 days.
5. If an employee or a member of the public becomes ill while at the facility, ask them to share that information with management, leave the facility, and then call their health care provider. If it is an emergency, call 911 and let them know the emergency may be COVID-19 related.
6. Participants, volunteers, and employees should consider the use of cloth face coverings (when practical) if staying at least 6 feet away from others is not possible.