The good news is: Yes — Registration is now open for the 2021 Pigtails Ride at the Prairie Trail.
We are following the advice of the Iowa Department of Public Health, CDC, and local health departments as we make plans for the events. We will be sure to keep you up-to-date on what the safety protocols will be.
QUESTION: What are the COVID recommendations?
ANSWER: We follow the CDC and IDPH Recommendations listed below:
1. Vendors are encouraged to follow CDC guidance related to Cleaning and Disinfection for Community Facilities, including frequent cleaning and disinfecting of all high-touch surfaces.
2. The ride encourages and provides supplies to allow for frequent hand washing and hand sanitizing for employees and the public.
3. The ride reminds employees and members of the public to stay at least 6 feet away from others.
4. Please do not attend if you currently have symptoms or have been around anyone with a confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis in the last 14 days.
5. If an employee or a member of the public becomes ill while at the facility, ask them to share that information with management, leave the facility, and then call their health care provider. If it is an emergency, call 911 and let them know the emergency may be COVID-19 related.
6. Participants, volunteers, and employees should consider the use of cloth face coverings (when practical) if staying at least 6 feet away from others is not possible.
THE 2021 JERSEY
Each Pigtails registration includes a jersey in either a long-sleeved or tank version.
Your impact on Iowa Bicycling
The final thing that I think it is important to mention is how much of a role you have played in bicycle advocacy. We look forward to sharing with you how these events grow bicycling but also play a role in funding our advocacy work at the legislature, DOT, and putting more kids on bikes with our Safe Routes to School Program. When you bicycle on Iowa’s trails or roadways, you want an enjoyable ride taking you safely to your destination. We work to make Iowa bicycling safe, accessible, and enjoyable for all. Donate atwww.iowabicyclecoalition.org/gives.
About the Pigtails Ride
PIGTAILS at Prairie Trail is a women-specific bike ride on one of the most scenic trails in the Midwest. Join us for this one-day, 48-mile springtime ride. The ride begins and ends in Ankeny’s Prairie Trail and travels the High Trestle Trail.
The ride will start and end at the District in Prairie Trail in Ankeny, Iowa and travel 48 miles mostly along the High Trestle Trail.
Thanks to Maharry Photography for shooting the High Trestle Bridge Photos. Check out the bridge galleries to find your photo. Here are some highlight photos of the PIGTAILS RIDE as well. The Des Moines Register galleries captured the fun of PIGTAILS too.