PIGTAILS at Prairie Trail is a women specific bike ride on one of the most scenic trails in the Midwest. Join us for this one-day, 48-mile springtime ride on Saturday, August 8, 2020. The ride begins and ends in Ankeny’s Prairie Trail and travels the High Trestle Trail.
Check out the SCHEDULE for the PIGTAILS RIDE!
The ride will start and end at the District in Prairie Trail in Ankeny, Iowa and travel 48 miles mostly along the High Trestle Trail.
- Custom Primal PIGTAILS Gemini Cycling Tank or MTB Shirt (please see sizing guide)
- Complete Breakfast at Jethro’s BBQ n’ Lakehouse in Prairie Trail
- Energy drinks and bars on the High Trestle Trail
- Mid-ride lunch in Madrid at the Flat Tire Lounge.
- Mid-ride party with live music in Madrid at the Flat Tire Lounge
- Commemorative PIGTAILS Photo at the High Trestle Bridge
- Delicious Pig Cookie on your return trip at the Oasis
- DJ dance party at the Oasis (return trip)
$80 for Early Registration (before March 5, 2020)
$90 Registration (before June 15, 2020)
$100 Registration (before August 1, 2020)
$110 Late Registration (before August 8, 2020)
Thanks to Maharry Photography for shooting the High Trestle Bridge Photos. Check out the bridge galleries to find your photo. Here are some highlight photos of the PIGTAILS RIDE as well. The Des Moines Register galleries captured the fun of PIGTAILS too.
Fairfield Inn & Suites Ankeny for 129.00 USD – 159.00 USD per night
This event is produced in partnership with the Iowa Bicycle Coalition, a 501c3 nonprofit organization. The mission of the Iowa Bicycle Coalition is to promote safe and enjoyable bicycling in Iowa through education, events, better policy, and growing a community of supporters. Visit our Strategic Plan to learn more about the work we fund.