PIGTAILS at Prairie Trail is a fun bicycle event geared towards women from the creators of the BACooN RIDE! Come join us for this one-day, 48-mile springtime fun ride on Saturday, May 16, 2020 that starts and ends in Ankeny’s Prairie Trail and rides the High Trestle Trail!
Check out the SCHEDULE for the PIGTAILS III RIDE!
The ride will start and end at the District in Prairie Trail in Ankeny, Iowa and travel 48 miles mostly along the High Trestle Trail.
- Primal PIGTAILS III Gemini Cycling Tank or MTB Shirt (please see sizing guide)
- Friday night Pre-ride Packet Pick-up Party at B&B Theatres & B-Roll Bowling and Marquee Bar & Grill in Prairie Trail!
- Complete Breakfast at Jethro’s BBQ n’ Lakehouse in Prairie Trail
- Energy drinks and bars on the High Trestle Trail
- Drink specials throughout the day
- Mid-ride lunch in Madrid at the Flat Tire Lounge.
- Mid-ride party with live music in Madrid at the Flat Tire Lounge
- Commemorative PIGTAILS III Photo at the High Trestle Bridge
- Commemorative PIGTAILS III Slap Koozie
- Delicious Pig Cookie on your return trip at the Oasis
- DJ dance party at the Oasis (return trip)
$75 for Early Registration (before March 5, 2020)
$85 Registration (before April 1, 2020)
$95 Registration (before May 1, 2020)
$105 Late Registration (before May 16, 2020)
Thanks to Maharry Photography for shooting the High Trestle Bridge Photos! Check out the bridge galleries to find your photo. Here are some highlight photos of the PIGTAILS RIDE as well. The Des Moines Register galleries captured the fun of PIGTAILS too!
Fairfield Inn & Suites Ankeny for 129.00 USD – 159.00 USD per night
Book your group rate for PIGTAILS BACOON
This event is produced in partnership with the Iowa Bicycle Coalition, a 501c3 nonprofit organization. The mission of the Iowa Bicycle Coalition is to promote safe and enjoyable bicycling in Iowa through education, events, better policy, and growing a community of supporters. Visit our Strategic Plan to learn more about the work we fund.