PIGTAILS at Prairie Trail is a new bicycle event geared towards women from the creators of the BACooN RIDE! The inaugural one-day, 48 mile springtime fun ride will take place on Saturday, May 20, 2017.
- Primal PIGTAILS Gemini Cycling Tank
- Complete Breakfast at Jethro’s BBQ n’ Lakehouse in Prairie Trail
- Luna bars, Luna Protein and Clif Bloks Energy Chews in Slater
- Mid-ride party with live music in Madrid
- Commemorative PIGTAILS Slap koozie
- Commemorative Photo at the High Trestle Bridge
- PIGTAILS Post-Party with Abby Normal in Prairie Trail
- Post-ride Appetizers from Prairie Trail Restaurants (Fong’s Pizza & Jethro’s)
- Drink specials throughout the day
$75 for Early Bird Registrations (Through January 31, 2017)
$85 Registration (though March 10, 2017)
$105 Late Registration
Register today, CLICK HERE to REGISTER
The BACooN RIDE has been a popular event with women who ride bicycles. Almost half of the BACooN participants are women. PIGTAILS takes it one step further by creating a women’s specific bike ride. This ride will be designed to mix fun, food, and friendship.
Mark Wyatt, Iowa Bicycle Coalition
Get ready for the bicycling experience from the Iowa Bicycle Coalition, the sizzle of the Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival and the fun of RAGBRAI.
We look forward to adding a fun new event to the Iowa bike calendar that celebrates women enjoying cycling. So come ride with a friend, sister, daughter or your mom!
T.J. Juskiewicz, RAGBRAI
It will be an EPIC event on the one of the greatest trails in the United States!