PIGTAILS at Prairie Trail is a new bicycle event geared towards women from the creators of the BACooN RIDE! The inaugural one-day, 48 mile springtime fun ride will take place on Saturday, May 20, 2017.
The ride will start and end at the District in Prairie Trail in Ankeny, Iowa and travel 48 miles mostly along the High Trestle Trail.
- Primal PIGTAILS Gemini Cycling Tank
- Complete Breakfast at Jethro’s BBQ n’ Lakehouse in Prairie Trail
- Energy drinks along your ride
- Energy bars along your ride
- Mid-ride snack in Madrid
- Mid-ride party with live music in Madrid at the Flat Tire Lounge featuring Damon Dotson!
- Commemorative PIGTAILS Slap koozie
- Commemorative Photo at the High Trestle Bridge
- PIGTAILS Post-Party with Abby Normal in Prairie Trail
- Post-ride Appetizer from Prairie Trail Restaurants
- Drink specials throughout the day
$75 for Early Bird Registrations (Through January 31, 2017 – PASSED)
$85 Registration (though March 10, 2017 – PASSED)
$105 Late Registration – OPEN
The day will begin with a tasty breakfast at Jethro’s BBQ & LakeHouse in Prairie Trail! Riders will take off for a 48 mile ride along the High Trestle Trail with stops in Sheldahl, Slater, Madrid and the High Trestle Trail bridge. Longer options take riders to Woodward (53 miles).
When you finish the bike ride, the fun continues….
A post-party featuring the band Abby Normal will kick up at 3pm-7pm in the District of Prairie Trail. The post-party is for riders, their guests and anyone that loves fun!
RAGBRAI, the Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival and the Iowa Bicycle Coalition have again joined forces to bring you PIGTAILS! Watch for details!